Your Privacy & Security
Last Updated: Oct 3, 2022
Valon Mortgage, Inc. ("Valon", "us", "we", or "our") respects your privacy, and this notice is being provided on its behalf, as well as its subsidiaries and affiliates. We respect your privacy and are committed to providing a transparent notice of our privacy practices.
Separate financial privacy notices may apply to you if you are a consumer or customer of a personal, household, or family financial product or service:
- If Valon subservices your mortgage loan, please refer to the financial privacy notices for consumers of personal, household or family financial product or services that were provided to you by mail.
- If Valon originated your mortgage loan, please refer to Valon’s financial privacy that was provided to you by mail.
This policy describes the types of information Valon may collect from you when you visit our website (which we refer to as our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- on this Website;
- in email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website;
- when you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services.
Information We Collect About You
We collect several types of information from and about you, including:
- Directly from you: Information provided by you, such as name, address, email address, telephone number, username/password, and other personally identifying information;
- From third parties: Information provided by third parties about you;
- Automatic Collection: Information collected automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, browser information, device model, and information collected through cookies.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us:
- to present our Website and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we may offer or provide through it;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website;
- to work with marketing partners to provide you with products or services that may be of interest to you;
- to audit use of the Website, such as how to improve the Website, as well as our products and services;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information;
- for any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business;
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by us about our Website users is among the assets transferred;
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it;
- for any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- with your consent or direction.
We may also disclose your information:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government, regulatory, or law enforcement request;
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others (this includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.)
Cookies are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer for record-keeping purposes. This information is stored in a file on your computer. We use first-party cookies for a variety of reasons to make possible and enhance the Website’s features and capabilities, such as customizing a user’s experience so that they only receive a certain promotion for a period of time.
Third Party Links
Please keep in mind that whenever you give out information online (for example, via message boards or chat) that information can be collected and used by people you don’t know. While we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you disclose online, and you disclose such information at your own risk.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information to or on the Website or through any of its features.
We have implemented reasonable measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Do Not Track
Valon does not respond to Web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms. Other parties may collect personally identifiable information about your activities over time and across different websites when a consumer uses the Website.